Nine things you need to know about Merchandise Sales.
1. A minimum of Two – 4′ x 8′ slat walls are needed for a great showroom. My favorite slat wall colors are white, red or steel. The initial slat walls and hooks take time so order long before it’s time to open. At least a half of a slat wall should be used for your branded locks
2. Locks will be your number 1 seller.
Here is the Storage Authority branded lock by Supply Side USA. Notice the $17.50 price. We have them on sale for $12.99 and sell one to every renter.
3. Boxes are your next biggest seller after locks. And 95% of your box sales will be the standard small, medium, larger or clothes boxes. So if your office is limited in size no need for other box sizes.
4. Boxes should also be sold in bundles of 10 to increase volume sales. We promote ten packs for the price of 9 boxes.
5. If you make and sell a box combo – 2S, 4M, 2L with tape & tape dispenser it will be your best box seller.
6. For a good look and portable for cleaning and relocating occasionally your ten packs of each size box can be stacked on a dolly.
7. Most self-storage facilities sell considerably under $500 a month in products because managers are not trained well and do not ask for the sale. A good manager to renter ” Did you know it takes 30 boxes to move an average home. Will you be needing any boxes today? We have a special on ten packs or our combo pack”
8. All items prices should be clearly marked with professional signs. No handwritten signs.
9 In addition to a sales tax number, you need to get a resale certificate from your State so you do not have to pay sales tax on the merchandise you purchase to resell.
Storage Authority® experts are ready to help you every single step of the way, from finding land to building your facility, to operations, to driving your revenue year over year. If you have a question give us a call. Team up with the experts to save time and maximize your profits. Call Garrett at 941-928-1345 for more information.