By Ed Clement
● Be your own boss – flexible work schedule
● Self-Storage can be a lifestyle business (own one facility) or a growth business opportunity (own multiple facilities)
● Loan friendly – due to one of the lowest real estate business loan failure rates
● Recession resistance. During Covid, the most self-storage saw was a dramatic increase in rentals and rental rates.
● Opportunities like franchising and management companies are available where you can lean on their systems & experience and significantly reduce your time.
● Many self-storages are run like a real estate investment and not a business. By incorporating a “Ritz style” over the top, remarkable customer service and a sales and marketing plan you can make significantly more than many existing self-storage facilities.
● By developing from the ground up you can invest significantly less and make significantly more than buying an existing facility.
● Self-storage is a 39-billion-dollar business and growing over a billion dollars a year.
● Self-storage rental rates and occupancy are at all-time highs.
● With an SBA loan, you only need 10 – 15% cash down
Ed Clement is a franchise director at Storage Authority. One of his passions and responsibilities is helping franchisees find land by sharing how to find land both online and offline. Ed has a strong background in real estate, investment banking and management consulting. He is available at Ed@StorageAuthority.com or 727 946 0745 to answer your questions and share the Storage Authority Franchise opportunity and advantages with you.