Storage Authority News
Did you enjoy the drone video? It used to be you had to hire a plane to take aerial photos of your self-storage. But now Drones are so cheap you can take your own sky pictures and videos any time you want. That was a sky video of the Storage Authority Mulberry FL site.
Everyone’s first question is what are the next steps to becoming a franchise owner so we decided to include them here today.
Storage Authority Franchise Award Steps “Franchising means being in business for yourself but not by yourself”
Step 1 – Week 1 Introduction
Review www.StorageAuthorityFranchise.com including blog, and introduction Storage Authority brochures.
Initial call with Garrett to understand Storage Authority Franchise requirements and confirm ready to learn more. Garrett to forward MG’s Self Storage Development book.
Discuss your background, goals why you are considering Storage Authority & what are the key factors why you would choose Storage Authority.
Discuss Storage Authority background, what makes us different and the Storage Authority process.
If it looks like we are a good fit set up Week 2 Call and Apply at
Step 2 – Week 2 Franchise Disclosure Document Review
A complete review of our website & blog
Review Storage Authority competition review sheet.
Read FDD & Submit FDD Exhibits G & H to Garrett prior to week 2 call
Introduction to our president Marc Goodin
Review FDD highlights and your FDD questions
Review in more detail what Storage Authority provides you.
Review next steps & set up week 3 call
Step 3- Week 3 Storage Authority Secret Sauce – Sales & Marketing & Operations
Read Storage Authority Sales & Marketing loan supplement
Read operations, sales & marketing info/links provided.
Visit 3- 5 local self-storage facilities & rate with SA review sheet.
Storage Authority sales and marketing advantages.
Confirm you are on board with a high-end sales & marketing platform.
Step 4 – Week 4 Land, Financing, Design & Construction
Determine how long it would take you to have $400K min. cash to invest in self-storage.
Finish our president’s Self-storage development book.
Read additional Development info/links provided.
Prepare any questions on financing, finding land and the development process.
Financing, finding land and the development process.
Determine if you are ready to become a Storage Authority Franchisee or need more info.
As part of our Dynamic Ease Self Storage Development Series, we help our franchisees around the development landmines, including finding land, designing, financing and building a premier self-storage facility and to understand the options and prepare accordingly. _______________________________________________________________ If you want to learn more about Storage Authority Franchise there is a wealth of information on our website www.StorageAuhorityFranchise.com Don’t forget to check out “Why Storage Authority” and our blog/newsroom. Then the next step is to apply on our website or email or call Garrett Byrd (Garrett@StorageAuthority.com or Direct 941-928-1354)
Vendors have to be carefully chosen to ensure they are not on an outdated platform, have the resources to be part of the ever-changing future and they must start to think like renters and not owners and vendors. And understand the future is still your manager and the internet. High Tech & High Touch
“Alexa what is the temperature in my self storage unit?” “Alexa put the video of the inside of my unit on the TV screen” “Alexa when is my self storage rent due? …….Please pay now.”
New generation sites must be smart connected to reduce cost, enhance the customer’s experience and make maximum profits. Smart connected means:
Employee productivity—Lets employee focus on value-driven action
Increase facility Revenue
Cost reduction for the facility
Enhance customer experience.
When choosing vendors for your facility you have to ask yourself 3 main questions.
1) Are your vendors set up for now and the future. Everything needs to be fully cloud based to make easy to use today and provide seamless upgrades in the future. Do you want to get a call that your facility gate does not work and have to imeediatly go to the facility just to hit the reset button? Or would you rather correct the problem on your cell phone.
2) Are your vendors part of a network of products that work together. If your management program does not fully integrate with your website it will be an extra one or two clicks to rent a unit and sign, you are not thinking like a renter. Does the management software download to quickbooks online and provide the daily income item by item? If you can not tell how many locks you sold at the end of every month time for a change.
3) Are vendors making your life and your renters life simpler? Does your gate access system let customers access the gate without punching in a code or pulling out their cell phone? Does your management program allow reports and alerts of your choosing to be automatically emailed to you? Does your management software permit for you renters to sign on a tablet and have the lease emailed to them? If not you are turning in to an outdated model that will not be able to charge premium rates.
I know first hand all vendors are going to say we meet all of these requirements when they don’t. So it is important you know the specific questions to ask them so you can determine for yourself. Keep thinking simple for you, your staff and your customers.
SiteLink and Opentech just did a webinar “The Internet of Everything. You should check it out!
Industry News & Tips You Can Use Today
1. Decrease Costs: Some expenses, like good marketing and employee training, help you make money but there are many others that do not. Did you know your electrical supplier is just like your cable tv provider – once they have you hooked they up your rates increase every year, often surpassing what they charge new clients. I just got a notice my rates were going up to 13 cents a KW. One call and I got it down to 9 cents. But more important are you designing a highly efficient heating & cooling system? I suggest you look into high efficient heat pumps!
2. Increase rents 0.99 cents: Let’s say you have or will have 500 or more units rented. if they were each just $0.99 higher you would make an extra $6,000 a year in your pocket.
3. Increase disc lock prices to 17.99 and put on sale at $12.99 and require everyone to lock units at the time of rental.
4. Increase rents for premium units $3: (Units close to the office, extra tall, wider doors etc)
5. Make it easy for your customers to RENT without stepping into the office with phone rentals, kiosk rentals, and website rentals!
Storage Authority experts are ready to help you every single step of the way, from finding land to operations, to driving your revenue year on year. If you have a question give us a call. Team up with the experts to save time and maximize your profits.
ARE YOU READY?
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale